late start




Bit of a late start on this but o well I had to start somewhere. I contacted Alan Herron at True North on the 3rd March asking for a portfolio viewing to which he replied promptly saying he could see me on Tues 10th. 


I went to see Alan yesterday and it was the biggest eye opening viewing I have had. He said a lot about my work that I hadn’t really thought about and also about what I knew I need to do. It gave me a lot to think about for improving my work. I knew I wasn’t the biggest ideas person and he made this clear in the viewing. He said the final finished outcomes were of a high standard but my ideas were not so good. He said that most of my work had no depth to it and the only one that was coming close was my second year Observer project, he said I need to engage the viewer more with my designs. From this viewing I know I need to get ideas into my work and my newer projects I need to push my ideas further until breaking point so you know you have got the most out the idea. The ideas I need to push are the simple ones, which are the easiest for the viewer to get. Herron said the idea for the fictitious National Flower Museum project was a bit hard to get and gave me some ideas on how I could improve it.

Having this viewing has given me a lot to think about in regards to my designs and ideas. It makes you realise what designers expect from you when you go out to see them. He has said to me come back in a few months with my final portfolio and major project to get feedback on it and how I could improve my work ready for taking out into industry for placements/jobs. I need to make sure that my work stands up to scrutiny  and be able to defend my work to prove that I think that it is good enough!

Wednesday 11 March 2009

0 Comments:

Followers