999

After seeing David Sedgewick at 999 yesterday I was very pleased with the feedback I received. He liked my work in general and like Alan Herron at True North he said I need to push my work further. He told me that I could do with pushing my National Flower Museum project further and making stationary, signage and direct mail to make it more complete. He also said try a different typeface that is more masculine to make a juxtaposition with the feminine flowers used. 


Sedgewick said that portfolio book I presented out of was a nice idea and shows good design skills but if your going presenting to 3/4 companies a week then it will get dirty, damaged and pages may start to fall out and he suggested to present out of an A3 ring-bound portfolio instead. I suggested maybe having a photography box which he liked but said it may be a bit big when carrying around. He also said as long as I get myself out there seeing as many companies I like and know stuff about then I should be able to get a few placements and it was a good idea that I was going out and seeing people now instead of just leaving it till I have finished my degree because I will already have contacts in place.

Thursday 26 March 2009

0 Comments:

Followers